Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Leap of faith

On a bright sunny morning, when I sit on the top of a hill, staring into the vast carpet of greenery in front of me,
I see, how a seed has lost its previous self to be a tree, that shelters the needy.
I see, how a butterfly has broken its cocoon, to spread beauty across.
I see, how a bird sheds off its fears, to fly carefree.
But was that transition smooth?
Was the transition that brought strength, courage and independence not an aftereffect of all the possessiveness, worry and confusion???
I believe that growth is not something that extends your current self. It is something that breaks your skin, sheds it and brings out the new you, so that you are free from the cocoon, and can spread your wings and fly high.
But during that particular phase of transition, when the seed was shedding it's coat, wouldn't it have been troubled, confused and praying for not to change? What if it saw this entire transition as a chaotic change and not growth.
A change where it needs to lose its present identity.
A change that does not confirm a bright future.
A change that could either lead to the shoot getting crushed by stones, or a warm sunlight on its face.
A change that could make it stretch towards the deep blue sky.
A change that could be life itself.
A change which is nothing other than a leap of faith.........
And there staring into the green uncertainty,
I shed all my fears,
I forego all my dilemmas,
I let the wheel of fortune spin,
To crumple my bones,
To tear off my skin,
So that I can grow,
And be born again!!!!

19 comments:

  1. Soooper. .. ur a great writer.

    Keep going

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice observations , and very nicely quoted . It's a leap of faith .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going thru not just this recent writing leap of faith but also dived into the pool of writings..it felt experiencing snorkeling and then deep water dives of vast ocean of beautiful thoughts.......
    This plunge was better than my leap of Bungie which scared me at first, lasted for a few minutes and gave me a lifetime adventurous experience.....these writings sometimes have that thrill and sometimes puts us into mixed thoughts....its like a Khaata meetha experience...Like a Tasty Chaaat ...Muh k saaath ankhon mai bhi paani le aaye !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Rishabh. Humbled by your response. It means a lot to me. Though I think m not worth the comparision. It means a lot to me :) Thanks :)

      Delete
    2. On a funnier note.. Mere post ke reply mein poem ... Mast h :)

      Delete
  4. Goose bumps.. Very inspiring words for a hopeless soul. One definitely goes thru the self doubt and procrastination in life and the one who keeps moving and adapts the change will be the true winner.. Keep writing such good words, some where some one needs it badly. Happy re-birth to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goose bumps.. Very inspiring words for a hopeless soul. One definitely goes thru the self doubt and procrastination in life and the one who keeps moving and adapts the change will be the true winner.. Keep writing such good words, some where some one needs it badly. Happy re-birth to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work!!! Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Growth is a childhood dream that spreads its wings when the surrounding darkness is outmatched by the light within. Great job Kunia apa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great work very deep immense feelings simply override words
      One can read what is not written
      Keep on
      God bess

      Delete